|:: Speech on political communication in media society
|On June 20, 2006, Jürgen Habermas delivered a speech in Dresden to the International Communication Association (ICA).
The title was: ”Political communication in media society – Does democracy still enjoy an epistemic dimension? The impact of normative theory on empirical research”.
1) Empirical references of normative theories of democracy
2) The truth tracking potential of political deliberation
3) The structure of mass-communication and the formation of considered public opinions
4) The power structure of the public sphere and the dynamics of mass-communication
5) Pathologies of political communication
Read the speech online here:
And his presentations here: